Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Title IV-D Child Support Program?

Title IV-D of the Federal Social Security Act requires states to provide child support services. In Indiana, the Title IV-D Child Support Program is administered by the Department of Child Services (DCS) and the Child Support Bureau (CSB). Title IV-D is carried out locally by the county prosecutor's office, the office of the county clerk, and the courts.

Who is eligible for Title IV-D?

Custodial parents, non-custodial parents, and legal guardians can apply for child support services regardless of their income level.

Why should I join the Title IV-D program?

The program will help you meet the medical and financial needs of your children.

What services can the Prosecutor's Office provide?

The Child Support Program provides parents and legal guardians with assistance in obtaining financial support and medical insurance coverage for their children by locating parents, establishing paternity, establishing and maintaining support orders, and collecting and distributing child support payments.

How can I apply for services?

The Prosecutor's Office can provide the Title IV-D Services to parents and legal guardians in need of services regardless of their income level.

TANF Recipients: If you are receiving TANF benefits, your case has already been referred to the Prosecutor's Office for Title IV-D services.

MEDICAID Recipients: If your child is receiving Medicaid, you are entitled to receive Title IV-D services free of charge.

All Others: If you are not receiving TANF or MEDICAID benefits you may apply for Title IV-D services.

You may pick up an application for services at Prosecutor's Office, Child Support Division.

What services are NOT provided by the Title IV-D Program?
  • Divorce Filings
  • Enforcement of custody and parenting time orders
  • Establishment of college expense orders
How do I make a Child Support Payment?

You can make payments of cash at the clerk's office, mail check or money order to INSCCU, by telephone at 1-855-972-9427 or electronically. Learn more information about how to make your child support payment >

How do I find out the status of a payment not made at the Clerk's Office?

Call the Indiana Kids Line at 1-800-840-8757.

How can I get a copy of my support payment history?

A copy of your child support payment history may be obtained from the Howard County Clerk´s Office.

Links to Useful Resources: