Payment History Information, Delinquency & Modification

A copy of your child support payment history may be obtained from the Howard County Clerk´s Office at:

Howard County Clerk's Office
Support / Finance Office
104 N. Buckeye St.,
Kokomo, IN 46901

If you are seeking to obtain information on recent payments, please contact the KIDS LINE at 1-800-840-8757. You may also contact the Child Support Bureau via its website at

Court Order Information

To obtain a copy of your child support court order, please contact the Howard County Clerk´s Office at the courthouse where your hearing was held. The Child Support Division of the Howard County Prosecutor´s Office does not provide child support court orders or payment history records.

Custody/Parenting Time

In accordance with federal law, the Howard County Prosecutor´s Office Child Support Division is not involved in custody and parenting time issues.

If you were granted custody of the child(ren) involved in your case through the court and have a court order terminating the support order, please bring or send the court order to your caseworker. If the child(ren) is/are living with you but the court has not granted you custody of the child, your child support order remains active until a court grants you the legal custody of the child(ren) and terminates your child support order.

Disputing Arrears

If you are disputing the arrears owed on your case, please provide details to your caseworker on why you believe your arrears are incorrect.  Failure to provide information may result in the resolution of your dispute being delayed.


Every child support case in our office is entitled to a review for modification. Our office will review your case for a modification so long as the case is currently open and one year has passed since the last review of your support order.

Under Indiana Code §31-16-8-1, a child support order may be modified only:

  • upon a showing of changed circumstances so substantial and continuing as to make the terms unreasonable; or

upon a showing that:

  • a party has been ordered to pay an amount in child support that differs by more than twenty percent (20%) from the amount that would be ordered by applying child support guidelines;


  • the order requested to be modified or revoked was issued at least twelve (12) months before the petition requesting modification was filed.

Our office may first attempt to modify the order by bringing both parties into our office for a modification stipulation.  If both parties agree to the modification, our office may proceed with filing the proposed order with the court. The court must approve any modification. If, however, the parties cannot agree to a modification stipulation, our office will set a court date where the matter will be adjudicated before the court.